Here's how to create our Wordle designs:
1. Go to www.wordle.net.
2. Click on the "Create" button at the top. You will get a screen that looks like this (except that the box will be blank):
3. Type your words. WashingtonDC should be the first and last word. Can anyone guess why? Also, note that I didn't include any spaces or periods. Again, any guesses why?
4. Click Go at the bottom of the text box.
5. You may get a warning that looks like the below picture. Just check the box to accept and then click Run.
7. When you are happy with your Wordle, take a screen shot of it. On the Macs, this is done by clicking Command + Shift + 4. You will get a plus-sign cursor. Click and drag this cursor to make a box around your Wordle.
8. When you release the click, it will automatically save the picture to your desktop. Go to your desktop and find the image icon.
9. Click once on the words under your screenshot. Wait until the count of 3, then click it one more time. This will let you change the name of the file. Change the name to YOUR FULL NAME. This is how you will get credit when you turn it in.
10. To turn in your Wordle, go to my online Dropbox. The password is the same as for this website.
11. Click Choose File (see the picture below), then find and choose the screenshot from your desktop. Click the orange UPLOAD button.